Simple Valentine's Day Treats
This Valentine's Day my valentine is down in LA! :( so I decided to make treats for all my girlfriends since I'll be with them on v-day ❤️
This little treat bag is so unbelievably cute and simple I thought I'd share the idea with you guys! It's basically just two chocolate covered marshmallows and a Rice Krispie treat. The recipes pretty much fool proof and self-explanatory, but I'll include both recipes for your reading pleasure 😉
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops
- pink marshmallows (or you can dye white ones
- pink food coloring (optional* if dying marshmallows)
- dowel rods (I found mine from Michael's but you can use cake pop sticks or basically any type of stick that can be placed into the marshmallow)
- chocolate (I used Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips)
- sprinkles of your choice (I found mine in the v-day aisle of Target)
Dying Your Marshmallows
For some reason, I had the toughest time finding pink marshmallows. I swear I used to see the strawberry flavored ones everywhere but every single grocery store I stopped in didn't have any! So I resorted to dying them.
1. Pour a few cups of water into a metal bowl.
2. Drop about 5 - 10 drops of food coloring into bowl and stir.
3. Place dowel rod into middle of marshmallow.
4. Dip marshmallow into bowl of coloring until completely coated. (If marshmallow comes up too light, adjust food coloring ratio accordingly)
5. Let dry! I let mine dry by placing them across the top of the metal bowl for about 15 minutes and then rolling on a paper towel.
Dipping & Decorating
1. Melt your chocolate chips in 15 second intervals to avoid burning and uneven melting. I use a toothpick to stir the chocolate to check for unmelted pieces.
2. Wait two minutes before dipping your marshmallow since the chocolate might be too warm and drip too much. Dip half your marshmallow into chocolate and spin to coat evenly.
3. Since my sprinkles were a bit larger, I placed the hearts by hand. If you have smaller sprinkles that are an easier shape, you could pour the sprinkles onto the chocolate over a bowl.
1. As your melting the marshmallows, add a bit of pink food coloring to make your treats pink.
2. Wash your hands, put on a pair of gloves and begin shaping your rice krispies around a dowel rod. I originally wanted to do heart shapes but I found that it was difficult sticking the rod through the shape so I resorted to spheres.
For assembly, I just purchased a few cellophane bags from Michael's as well and wrapped two marshmallows and a rice krispie. Voila! Your quick and easy treats are ready to go.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope that your day is filled with self-love, friends-love, significant other-love, family-love, puppy-love, all kinds of love. ❤️
xoxo, Gossip Girl.
lol jk it's Tiff :)